Tuesday 5 June 2012

Animation commence

Week 1 of break, and I am pleased to say I am finally getting into animating, after half a week of bludge. It is going ridiculously slowly however, what with booting up the computer every time I need to test the timing (and getting ridiculously distracted every time I am online). For my second shot (yes I am only on my second shot), I tried using my new col-erase pencils for ruffs. Everywhere I looked, animators seemed to swear by them, so I thought it'd be neat to get a set. Unfortunately, I found them hard to get used to. It is probably because mine were light blue, but the lines are so faint they practically disappear with a light underneath them, and the lead is hard enough that if I tried to make it darker the paper gets massively indented and ruined. Confused, I googled the pencils again, and found that it is the lightness that makes them desirable for scanning and photocopying, and the hardness for the lack of smudging. Fair enough. So I decided to only use them for the extra broad, messy guidelines, then tighten up with a normal HB. It would involve erasing after inking, but I guess that can't be helped, and there would be less to erase anyhow.



On a side note, I have requested a new melody and working over for the music as I have decided that it is simply not working.



I don't know, I think it was because I really liked the melody, that I managed to convince myself that it was working. But I think it is probably better for my cause to just admit it early that I need something better suited. Of course it wasn't helping that all he had was a piano... so I found this nice piece of free software he could compose on:
http://musescore.org/

Plus, I have a potential laughing child; I have managed to get my cousin's son to agree to record his mother's sister's 4 yr old daughter for me, although I am not sure how the quality will turn out. Nevertheless, it is better than nothing.





No comments:

Post a Comment