Thursday 14 June 2012

Colour script

Forced myself to finish the colour script this week:


I tried to get a gradual progression in the lighting, but gave up halfway. It wasn't worth it; it was better that each shot looks at least fine itself, if that makes sense. That meant I ended up with the first half doused in yellow light, and the second half in purple for some reason, but it's not as bad as I first imagined. But I might have mentioned this earlier, but I found that lighting conditions look wrong unless the characters are themselves correctly shaded, fitting them into their environment. As I don't really want to shade my boys, I'm hoping faux shading with a gradient layer over the top will be enough to convince. I should of course try this out, but... later.

Some shots did look much better in black, white and red, but the shots that look better with colour look that much better that I think colour is decided.

In other news, I am behind 6 shots in animation, the ones I have done look crap and I haven't done any backgrounds or inking at all. This is looking promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment