Wednesday 24 October 2012

Animation Festivals

Since After Effects is freezing up every five minutes (I should really learn to pre-render), I might as well take this time to update my log. I have been bullied into submitting my work to animation festivals, so here are some of them that I would be ok submitting to, I guess.

-2D or Not 2D Animation Festival
-Blue Mountains Film Festival
-Melbourne International Animation Festival
-miscellaneous free ones

Actually the only one I really personally wanted to submit to was the 2D or Not 2D one, because it was started by Tony White, whose books were an amazing resource for me trying to learn to animate traditionally. But I was searching for it a few weeks ago and found not much recent information about it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it hasn't died, but it is looking likely that it has. Grumble. I was also kind of interested in GRAPHIC, at the Opera House, but considering the due date is on Sunday, I wouldn't be able to polish it nearly enough by then, and anyway, looking at the calibre of previous animations done for GRAPHIC, it's kinda a lost cause.

The other two are because I prefer nearby locations I can get to, and they seem cool. Other than that, I am probably just going to go down the list of animation festivals with free submissions on that website I found, and just send it off randomly. I know I should prioritise the big/semi-big festivals, substandard quality or not, so I won't put it up publicly online too soon, on the off chance I catch myself in an optimistic mood. So for hand in, I think I will put it up on Vimeo, but on private, so it's sort of like, it will be public, but not yet... yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment